Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Surgery!

For the last couple of months our little Ashley suffered from an ear infection that wouldn't go away. We tried three different antibiotics but none of them seemed to work. She absolutely hated the stuff. Half of it would end up on her bib because of her trying to spit it all out. The worst part of it was the diaria and diaper rash it gave her. The poor thing was fussing and crying all the time, always holding her ears. She couldn't sleep at night either. I was getting up 4-10 times a night with her. Finally i decided enough is enough and called a Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. The Dr. said she would need to have tubes put in her ears. The tubes will help the fluids drain out of her ear preventing further infections. She will probably need to have these in until she is about 3 yrs old.
On Monday we went in bright and early (5:45 am) for her surgery. We basically had to wait 2 hrs. for a 5 minute procedure. The saddest thing was right after surgery when they brought her in to me. The anesthesia does something weird to kids and my poor girl was crying the saddest cry I've ever heard. Nothing i could do would comfort her. Not even feeding her. :(
By the time we got home she was asleep and doing well.
We are so excited for this ear infection drama to be over.
She seems to be doing great now!

7 comments:

Britni said...

Glad all went well! Hopefully the problem is corrected and you all can get some sleep!

Stefanie said...

I had them when I was a kid and look how I turned out! :) I hope this helps it all!

HDVB said...

Poor little girl! I'm so glad that it's getting taken care of!

Erin said...

Oh! Poor baby (and mommy). I hope you all can find some peace soon! Are you guys going home this summer?

Shonna said...

So glad she's doing better now. I hope it helps and no more getting up so much at night and her pulling her ears. Poor babe.

Jennifer Kendall said...

Poor little sweetie! I am so glad that everything went well and I hope that your nights get better!! We miss you.

Todd and Ashley said...

That is such a hard thing to go through being a baby. Ashley is such a happy baby. Both your girls are so stinking cute. I am so glad that I get to visit teach you with Allyson. Plus having card club and Bunco.


Kaitlyn at the Beach at Bear Lake

Lake Powell